Friday, September 25, 2009

SWORD Tournament: CANCELLED

----- Original Message -----

Greetings All,

It is with regret that I inform you the venue for the S.W.O.R.D. tournament is no longer available.

The issue, in brief: I learned today the person who loaned us the money for the deposit had an unexpected financial requirement and was therefore unable to provide the loan. The gymnasium rental is $800 which our club does not have sufficient funds to cover. The school board requires us to provide full payment today to secure the rental of the gymnasium. I can not meet that condition so the school board and I mutually agreed to terminate the rental agreement.

This means the tournament is effectively cancelled. I was thinking it could possibly be rescheduled for a date later in October but there are other Kendo events scheduled each weekend after Thanksgiving.

To date, there are eighteen participants who have pre-registered for the tournament through the website. No paper registrations or payments have been received. If you have sent registrations and/or payment through the mail, the payments will be sent back by return post when they arrive.

I am sorry to have to make this decision. Please accept my apologies to you and your dojo members for this situation and any inconvenience it may have caused.

If you have any suggestions or comments I welcome your thoughts.

Best Regards,

Mark Kawabe